Why Did My Home Appraise Low?


Worried about a low appraisal? You won’t be if you follow these tips.

Want to Buy a Home? Search All Homes
Want to Sell a Home? Get a Home Value Report


Why would an appraisal come in low? A lot of sellers and buyers are asking this question so I want to answer it today. In a changing market like the one we’re seeing now, more and more properties are going on the market at a certain price and they’re failing to sell because the price becomes obsolete. The appraiser will take into consideration the three most recent sales of similar homes. They will look at the condition, any recent upgrades or improvements, the square footage, the age of the home, the lot location, and any undesirable features as compared to the other homes. Additionally, you’re competing with a lot of other homes in today’s market, so pricing it right out of the gate will ensure you get the highest price and achieve your appraised value.



I’m happy to offer you a free,
no-obligation market analysis
.


If you want to get a better idea of what your home is worth, I’d be happy to offer you a free market analysis. I’ve done appraisals in the past and can share what the appraiser will look at and give you a good idea of what your home will appraise for. There is no cost or obligation involved. If you have any questions for me in the meantime, give me a call, text, or email. I look forward to hearing from you soon.