The Advantages of Ordering a Home Inspection as a Seller


As a seller, should you consider getting a home inspection report ahead of time? Here are my thoughts.

Buying a Home? Search All Homes
Selling a Home? Get a Home Value Report

Sellers are always asking what repairs I think an inspector will call for after looking at their home. When sellers ask me questions like this, I tell them, “Let’s find out sooner rather than later.” Sellers don’t need to wait for the buyer to order a home inspection. You can be proactive and get one done ahead of time. In fact, getting major repairs taken care of in advance can greatly benefit you from a listing perspective.


A passing inspection report will make you, your agent,
and the buyer more confident in the transaction.


When you have a home inspection report that shows your property is in good condition, you’re giving the buyer peace of mind. As a result, they’ll feel more comfortable when purchasing your home. Having a home inspection performed ahead of time could lead to a faster offer and possibly a higher price. Your home will stand out from other listings that don’t have an inspection report backing them up. A passing inspection report will make you, your agent, and the buyer more confident in the transaction. Also, my team and I highly recommend you work with a home inspector who is accredited by the American Society of Home Inspectors. We would be happy to refer you to a specific professional. If you have any other questions or would like more information, feel free to give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you soon.